Sunday 1 September 2013

The Reunion.

The Reunion.

A day of reflecting and renovating.
Yes, indeed it is.
In the middle of my training of “taking care of my future mother-in-law” on my grandma,
I was invited to a reunion.

A reunion?
Yes, the one I've been avoiding(-) and excited about(+).
It's my elementary school reunion,
A gathering after 9 years of separating, moving through each destiny fated for each other.
Curious about my elementary school?
Nah, I’d rather keep it a secret. :p

The truth is,
I've been facing too much trouble once I agreed to attend the gathering.
Transportation and a place to stay as the gathering will be at night.
Common problems each time I want to travel anywhere.
I've even got my driving license,
but had no courage to drive.
Seems like one of  my plan during end-semester holiday had failed.
I can’t even drive bravely. 

But then,
The problem was solved easily.
My old friends kindly helped me.

I hitched a ride in her car and even lodge in a hotel with them. 

Arriving there early after ‘Asr,
I headed to the mosque near my former secondary school,
Performing my prayer there,
Reminiscing those days I used to get my ‘tarbiyyah’
in a sweet way. 

Gaining the positive aura,
I headed to the hotel,
Just 5-minute walk from the mosque.
I texted my friends that I've arrived.
Quite nervous to meet them, and walla!!
We've met!!
And I was feeling awkward..
We’re not talking much about ourselves,
Just teasing and joking to hide the awkwardness.

That night,
We headed to the gathering punctually.
But then, it was only 4 of us there!!
Yeah, it is because of there was another big event organized by the Ma’had.
So, the rest will be arriving quite late.
‘Identifying’ me, my ex-classmate asks,

“Is that you, Nisa?”

“Yes, I am,” with an awkward smile.

That was when I came to realize that I've changed a lot!!

My awkward level was 20%.


After 2 hours of waiting,
Everybody were there.
12 over 23 pax.

My awkward level was 80%.
The gathering started officially with Ummul Kitab.
Then, each of us introduced ourselves,
From the point we met, separate to the recent.
Our studies and even simple chat.

When it came to my turn,
Seems like everybody was curious.
Well, it’s because I was lost from them after the elementary schooldays end.
I left without any notice.
Disappeared just like that,
Taking a different path compared to theirs.

Went to another school, frankly speaking.

Some of them asked me about persons they've known who studied at the same school with me.
I've nodded and answered briefly.

But,
Somehow I was surprised that one of them knew about my updates at school.
How do I perform, etc.
He asked me,

“You were also nominated as top student for SPM, right?”

My answer,

“No, I’m not.” Shaking my head.

He: (shocked)”But Pn. Nazlina told me so. She showed me the target for each batch. Do you get straight A’s in SPM?

Me: No, I’m not. (shook head)

He: Then PMR, maybe?

I nodded my head and smile. “Yes, I do.”

Those cold answers were not because I’m arrogant but I was actually feeling very awkward at that moment.

It seems like there were butterflies flying in my stomach.

I’ve been wondering about his questions when I got  home the next day.

Then, I've found the answers.. The truth.

Majlis Anugerah Permata 2010



My name was there!! Guess I’ve been forgetting it,, L

Then, when it comes to speech,
Ex- student leader was given the chance to gave some speech.

After his mesmerizing speech,
Ex- vice student leader the next, representing the girls.

“Who was the vice student leader? Wasn't her Nisa?

Oh boy, my name was pronounced!!

Strongly denying, “You got to be kidding me. No, I’m not. It got to be another person.”

Everybody were shocked,

Even the student leader looked at me, with a surprised face.

Everybody was configuring out who was the vice student leader.

The truth is,

I was the vice student leader.

I was very nervous and awkward at that moment,

that it brings through a strong denial over the fact.

I was certain that the student leader knew his vice.
Yes, I am the vice student leader in during my elementary school.
That’s the fact.

However, I’m still hoping for another reunion,
Maybe a better and optimum to remove my awkwardness,
and to improve my social skills.
I’m looking forward to it.